Sunday, January 23, 2011

new Neil mailbox--

as always, Mister Neil's mailbox is full to overflowing...


I spent all Sunday opening and sorting and addressing the piles.
When Neil was in town 2 weeks ago, I got him into a corner, put tea before him and had him reply to as many as he could in between all his meetings.





He drew a very clever and detailed Dalek for Court in Tennessee who sent this Dr. Who book. (Neil's sketch on the right)





I know we mustn't judge books by their covers, but this newest from Entrekin looks aces. (Neil, may i borrow?)




This darling tee came from the librarians at the ALA, look at the last panel--




I think Neil may even wear white in this case...
to buy this great shirt and support their cause, go HERE.


this big beautiful book of sheet music and CD came from Chris Opperman. wow!
He writes that he was very inspired by the storylines in A Game of You
and he convinced the talented Mark Buckingham to illustrate the cover of the Lionheart CD. Can't wait to hear this...




Daniel from Scythia Films sent in his film You Are Here,
Neil gets sent so many short films, and truly, he can't watch them all, but this gets A+ on the terrific packaging.






this box came in for me me me, though, and now i am rich in old beat-up comics, thank you CW!!!!
Look at this gold mine. Bonus? my favorite Berni Wrightson, right on top!! (*insert howl at moon here)






we went to see Patton Oswalt signing his new book ZOMBIE SPACESHIP WASTELAND & brought him a Roger Waters hat, which he promptly donned. What a delight, i didn't know he was from Virginia originally, my hometown boy! Drew & Patton bonded over D & D...oy.




lastly, looking out my treehouse window this weekend, who should I see but Spidey getting ready to go to work--ha!





7 comments:

spacedlaw said...

You have the strangest neighbours...

Kitty Cat said...

so true!!

Cecily said...

I would love to have neighbors that were strange instead of cookie cutter. Thank goodness I know where the freaks live in VA. :-)

Marjorie said...

Interesting neighbours! And even though it's work, going the the Neil mailbox must be fun, too.
I love seeing these posts:-)

Kitty Cat said...

it is very interesting to see what people come up with,
and they are all solid in their love & devotion to the Boss, he inspires so many...
as for crazy neighbors, Spidey really made me laugh!

Tom Galloway said...

Ever seen Wrightson's illustrated Frankenstein? You can get a used paperback on Amazon for around $10 including postage (http://www.amazon.com/Wollstonecraft-Shelleys-Frankenstein-Marvel-Illustrated/dp/0939766752/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1295911120&sr=8-7) or a new hardcover for $20 (http://www.amazon.com/Bernie-Wrightsons-Frankenstein-Wollstonecraft-Shelley/dp/1595822003/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295911120&sr=8-1)

vampi said...

my officd moved, and now i work by h&h, so i see those guys almost every day. it's pretty funny
thanks for sharing the cool mailbag