Saturday, September 29, 2012

frosting, an award & a roadie wedding.

this year has been full of travel. A couple of weeks ago, Drew & I travelled to Neil's for a short visit, we herded bees and cats and authors. As related in this very blog, there was a frosting-the-Scalzi ceremony, based on a twitter bet. Kyle Cassidy made a gorgeous spooky poster out of the bet session, and they have now arrived in the treehouse.

Photobucket

We will be shipping them out this week. The proceeds go for a good cause, rescuing kitties and helping authors. FIND THEM HERE & THEY ARE ONLY TEN BUCKS!

behind the scenes, at the photoshoot:

Photobucket

Photobucket

here is @Fablor with her team of fearless rollerpeoples:

Photobucket

me n' Neil:

Photobucket

here is Drew with sweetheart Coconut, just before he got the call that put him back out on the road.

Photobucket

Drew left on tour as soon as we got home, the very next morning. We found out that he had a few days off in San Francisco, so I flew up to see him.

Photobucket

he's wearing his "Make Good Art" warmy fleecy hat, we still have a few of them left HERE.

Flew back from San Francisco, in time to fly to DC to take my parents to see Neil get his Mason Award. Backstage shot of him pre-signing the stacks, with volunteer Greg.

Photobucket

Before the award presentation, he spoke from the heart on writing, reading, supporting libraries, and Doctor WHO. He read from his shiny-penny-new manuscript The Ocean at the End of the Lane. (TELL ME: what DID happen to the kitten!?!) After a revealing Q&A session, he told a story that I honestly keep reviewing in my head, a scary story, a monster-y story, a click-clack story. Damn, he's good.

Danth Guyth was there, always so good to see that man, we ever-so-briefly chatted on the Fiddlers Green2 specs, also Neverwear website. (much work there to be done on both fronts) I also got to meet the father-in-law, Amanda's dad, what a doll.

Photobucket

As we left, I stopped my beloved parents on the stage for a photo.

Photobucket Timing is everything, I also attending the wedding of dear friends from my touring life at a pheasant farm in Amish country, PA. Just as the ceremony began, I took this little film of a perfectly timed flying V of birds right over our heads...

tomorrow, I see Husband at Meriweather Post for lunch with my brother & parents. Life is so good.

3 comments:

mkhall said...

Argh! I was in the audience at George Mason! After all this time, I was (theoretically) close enough to have met you.

Ah, well. Next time you are in the area let me know. I still owe you a coffee (at the very least).

mkhall said...

Oh, and I was also quite worried abaout the kitten. I have a really hard time with pet injury stories, and was worried I'd have to put my fingers in my ears or something.

Kitty Cat said...

Hi MKH!!
I too am sorry to have missed you-
always if you see me, flag me down, would love to meet you--
ah, the kitten, i am almost afraid to find out.