Wednesday, November 7, 2012

even more glass candy bars.

been busy in the treehouse this week!

first up, I LOVE Psylocke. Betsy Braddock was my identifying character when i was a kitten reading comics. Especially after Elektra died. Jim Lee breathed the very life into her. My ID still has the trading card of her on one side.

second up, I LOVE Gambit. Oh man, i even loved the version of him in the Wolverine movie, played by John Carter from Mars. I thought he was a great Gambit! The way they charged up the special effects cards for him to throw, I was fine with all that. Not a peep out of me, among all the haters. He was solidly good, I did have to look past his horrible attempt at Cajun-speak, but that's ok, faux Remy L. You tried.

So this panel is special to my heart. I forgot to write down which issue it was from, all I know it was a nineties classic from Jim Lee. Anyone that knows, let me know-- I am @neverwear on twitter. or comment here, that works!

Photobucket

BUY IT HERE.

these panels are so heartbreakingly beautiful, drawn by Cliff Chiang, from BATMAN DETECTIVE March 2006. I have a few of these to post, but man, i want to keep at least one of them for me. Look at that cape detail!

Photobucket

To TAKE THIS HOME, CLICK HERE. ps. for more of Cliff's work: CLICK HERE. and Cliff, if you ever see this, contact me, I would love to do a Neverwear print with you!

From Neil Gaiman's ever-inspiring Sandman stories... oh the trials between a father & his son....

Photobucket

a nice little plot summary gratefully borrowed from the mighty Comic Vine.com:

In a retelling of the Greek myth, the Endless gather for the wedding of Dream's son, Orpheus. Tragedy strikes afterward, however, when the new bride, Eurydice, is bitten by a snake while avoiding the attentions of the drunken satyr Aristaeus and dies. Grief-stricken, Orpheus demands his aunt, Death, to return Eurydice to him. She tells him she cannot, but tells him of a gate to the underworld when he won't take no for an answer.

Once there, Orpheus convinces Hades to let his deceased wife return, but there is a catch. He must walk back to the world above with Eurydice silently following him and mustn't look back the entire journey. He almost makes it, but just as he sees daylight ahead, his suspicion that he has been tricked by Hades and is walking alone becomes certainty. He looks back, and sees his wife for the last time.

With no will to live after that, Orpheus ignores his mother Calliope's warning that the Bacchante, savage worshipers of the Greek god Dionysus, are headed his way. They tear him limb from limb, leaving nothing but his disembodied but still living head. Dream finds what's left of his son on a beach, and Orpheus asks his father to kill him. Dream refuses, pointing out that Orpheus had told him he was no longer his son when he wouldn't bring Eurydice back from the dead, and leaves him there to live the rest of his life as a decapitated head.

*Note: stunning Dave McKean cover has glow-in-the-dark material to create a face.

TO LOOK AT ALL THE NEW-BORN BABY MAGNETS, CLICK HERE. These magnets are my last-ditch effort to save my collection of drowned comic books that were damaged in a long-ago east coast flood. (yes, never again will i use cardboard storage boxes...)

I cut recycled glass to fit and then frame the original panels in copper. these are all one-of-a-kind and i rolled free USA shipping into the price, if you are international, email me on info, i can't send them free overseas, but we can work something out! (@neverwear on twitter)... thanks for supporting the arts in so many ways.

2 comments:

Blogger said...

There's shocking news in the sports betting industry.

It has been said that any bettor needs to see this,

Watch this now or quit betting on sports...

Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software.

Ethan R said...

I enjjoyed reading this